Friday, November 18, 2017
8:45 am – 3:30 pm (registration begins at 8:15 am)
University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
UAB Alumni House
1301 10th Avenue South
This full-day workshop is presented by the Birmingham Holocaust Education Center and the Jewish Partisan Educational Foundation (JPEF), in conjunction with the Jewish Motorcyclists Alliance, the University of Alabama in Huntsville and the University of Alabama in Birmingham ‘s Institute for Human Rights.
JPEF facilitator Bruce Bramlett will conduct three sessions:
– Teaching with the Motion Picture Defiance
– Ethics of War
– Women in the Partisans
Teachers will receive:
– Special Defiance DVD with key scenes suitable for classroom use.
– Teacher guides and lesson plans.
– Morning snack and lunch.
– Funding of up to $80 per day to reimburse for school substitute teacher
– Six (6) hours of credit upon completion of the workshop.
– Open to teachers in grades 6-12.
– Free to all teachers. The $25 registration feel will be refunded upon attendance.