- This event has passed.
Teacher Workshop: Teaching With Stories – Gadsden
Monday, January 6 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
University of Alabama Gadsden Center, Room 101
Free to park anywhere.
Three young Germans – all born within four years of each other – each had a different experience during the Holocaust. Two survived and made their home in Alabama.
- Robert May, Camberg, Germany, born 1926
- Ruth Siegler, Sinzenich, Germany, born 1927
- Anne Frank, Frankfurt, Germany, born 1929
- Learn to teach the history of the Holocaust using survivor stories.
- Appreciate historical context and its impact on individual lives.
- Explore the the difficulties of emigration and America’s position during the Holocaust.
Six (6) hours of CEU credit upon completion.
STI-PD No. UABRIC12028
- Facilitated by BHEC educators
- Registration REQUIRED
- Open to Alabama teachers in grades 6-12
- FREE to all teachers ($25 registration fee will be refunded upon attendance)
- Substitute reimbursement paid up to $80/day
- Light breakfast and lunch will be served
Alabama Holocaust Commission
Alabama Humanities Foundation
Hill Crest Foundation