About Grant writing
A key way nonprofits reach their development and fundraising goals each year is through the rigorous use of local, state and national/federal grant opportunities that occur year-round. The grant writing intern will work closely with the Executive Director and the VP of Development on all facets of grant writing for the BHEC.
Support the BHEC staff with development and fundraising through local and state grant opportunities
- Create a calendar of local and state grant deadlines for the BHEC to use
- Help the BHEC create accounts online as grant deadlines approach
- Learn how to submit grants online to various organizations
Undergraduate, Recent Graduate, or Graduate Student
Area of Study
Public Administration and Nonprofit Management
(recommended, but not required*)
- Strong desire to work hard and engage in hands-on learning
- Excellent writing skills
- Computer literacy and internet proficiency
- Some fundraising experience helpful, but not required
* Any academic or class credits for this internship must be approved by your instructor who must communicate directly with the Outreach Coordinator throughout the internship.