Tuesday, January 12, 2016
8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Sullivan-Cooney Family Field House, Room 305
The Birmingham Holocaust Education Center (BHEC), in cooperation with the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Alabama Holocaust Commission, University of West Alabama, Troy University, University of Alabama in Huntsville, and Samford University, is presenting four professional development events that will provide teachers with resources and pedagogical approaches to teaching the complexities of the Holocaust.
- Open to Alabama teachers in grades 6-12.
- FREE to all teachers (the $25 registration fee will be refunded upon attendance).
- Facilitated by regional educators of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Books and resources from the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Lunch and snacks will be provided.
- Funding of up to $80 per day to reimburse schools for substitute teachers (forms will be provided at the workshop).
- Six (6) workshop hours of credit upon completion (must be present for the entire workshop).