Monday, November 5, 2018
8:00 am – 3:00 pm (registration begins at 7:30 am)
Emmet O’Neal Library
50 Oak Street, Birmingham, AL 35213
Deadline for Registration: Friday, October 26, 2018
Three young Germans – all born within four years of each other – had very different experiences during the Holocaust. Their stories will provide the framework for our workshop.
- Robert May, Camberg, Germany, 1926
- Ruth Siegler, Sinzenich, Germany, 1927
- Anne Frank, Frankfurt, Germany, 1929
- Learn to teach the history of the Holocaust using survivor stories.
- Appreciate historical context and its impact on individual lives.
- Explore the impact of Kristallnacht and America’s position during the Holocaust.
- Facilitated by BHEC educators
- Registration REQUIRED.
- Open to Alabama teachers in grades 6-12.
- FREE to all teachers ($25 registration fee will be refunded upon attendance).
- Substitute reimbursement paid up to $80/day
- Six (6) hours of CEU credit upon completion
- Light breakfast and lunch will be served