About PR/ Marketing
Maintaining a personal connection with donors is the mainstay of BHEC’s marketing efforts. The PR/Marketing intern will learn the
“ins and outs” of event planning, communications, and public relations during this annual internship centered around the BHEC’s biggest fundraiser L’Chaim.
Support the BHEC staff with summer events like the summer teacher workshops reception and the BHEC annual fundraiser, L’Chaim.
- Assist with fundraising correspondence via mail and email
- Provide social media assistance for L’Chaim
- Learn how to write press releases and where/when to send them
- Assist in event planning and set-up (some weekend events)
- Coordinate volunteers for events
Undergraduate, Recent Graduate, or Graduate Student
Area of Study
Public Relations or Marketing (recommended, but not required*)
- Strong desire to work hard and engage in hands-on learning
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literacy and internet proficiency
- Some public relations experience helpful, but not required
* Any academic or class credits for this internship must be approved by your instructor who must communicate directly with the Outreach Coordinator throughout the internship.